What is Dentoalveolar Surgery?
Dentoalveolar surgery is the treatment of diseases of the teeth, soft tissue, and the jawbone.
What are Dentoalveolar Procedures?
The most common dentoalveolar procedure is the extraction of teeth that are either badly decayed or impacted (i.e. Wisdom Teeth).
Other dentoalveolar procedures include:
• Adding, reshaping or removing hard and soft tissue of the jaws
• Biopsy and removal of lesions
• Controlling oral infections
• Extraction of teeth (See Figures 1 and 2)
• Soft Tissue or Gingival Grafts
Will I be Asleep During the Procedure?
You have several anesthetic options when undergoing dentoalveolar surgery.
• Local Anesthesia
• Intravenous Sedation
• General Anesthesia (asleep)
We will discuss with you the various anesthetic options during your consultation.