Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- You may have clear liquids (water, Gatorade, Powerade) up to 2 hours prior to surgery, clear liquid only
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Faerber prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Contact Us for the Best Oral Surgery Services in Overland Park
Questions or concerns? We're here to help! Don't hesitate to reach out to our oral surgery team. For more information about Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery or to schedule a consultation with our top Oral Surgeon Dr. Faerber, call our Overland Park KS office at Overland Park Office Phone Number 913-469-8895 or